Gene Fourney – CEO/President
Gene Fourney is CEO/President who founded TechnologyWest in 2018 to work with town, city, and county government agencies plus school districts, higher education, utilities, healthcare/medical and larger companies throughout the Western US on IT and IT Security initiatives.
Gene Fourney oversees Sales, Marketing and Operations for TechnologyWest.
Discovering the need for improved information technology and IT security needs in rural Western Colorado, Gene Fourney founded TechnologyWest to serve local government agencies plus school districts, higher education, utilities, healthcare/medical and larger companies on IT and IT Security initiatives.
TechnologyWest represents over 250 IT vendors that cover IT hardware, software, IT managed services, connectivity, VoIP solutions, cloud, storage, colocation and IT Security products and services that leverage technology to improve business performance and/or lower costs. We take the time to understand your goals, business processes, existing skill sets and current information systems capabilities in order to recommend scalable and user-friendly technology strategies.
Gene also has over 20 years of digital marketing, web development and application development, and programming experience. In 1995, he founded Networks Internet Services. As CEO/President, he managed marketing, sales and operations for dialup internet access, web design, e-commerce, and IT services to business accounts in the Raleigh, North Carolina market. His company was ranked the fifth-largest ISP in the Raleigh market in 1999 by Triangle Business Journal servicing over 7,500 residential and corporate customers.
In 2004, Gene Fourney moved to Denver, where he founded The Highlands Group, a full-service advertising agency within the Advance Colorado Center (ACC). The ACC is a common headquarters for Colorado’s leading non-profit trade associations that, in turn, provide a variety of services and programs to companies, entrepreneurs and individuals in order to stimulate job growth and promote a sustainable corporate environment in the State of Colorado. The Advance Colorado Center was a partnership between the Colorado Economic Development Commission, the Office of Economic Development and International Trade, and the University of Colorado – Denver.
The Highlands Group provided a full range of advertising and marketing services, including web development and internet marketing services to clients such as the Colorado Software & Internet Association (now Colorado Technology Association), Colorado Bioscience, Colorado Film Commission (now Colorado Office of Film, Television and Media), Race Across America and many others.
In 2009, Gene Fourney renamed the company InteractiveWest. The firm focused on providing web development and internet marketing services. The firm worked full-time with the University of Colorado Boulder School of Engineering working on a variety of digital marketing and web development and programming projects in 2012. Today, InteractiveWest provides digital marketing, web development and application development services for clients located in Denver and throughout the Front Range (Fort Collins, Loveland, Colorado Springs, and Pueblo), the Roaring Fork Valley (Glenwood Springs, Carbondale, Basalt, and Aspen) and the Western Slope (Grand Junction, Montrose, and Delta).
InteractiveWest employs 15+ seasoned and experienced programmers, graphic designers, search engine optimization consultants, copywriters, photographers and videographers to offer a full range of web development and internet marketing services. InteractiveWest focuses on bringing the latest technology and innovation to our client’s website development projects. Our clients today are demanding more complex interactive solutions and InteractiveWest has responded with the development of Content Management Systems including Joomla, Drupal and WordPress plus Ecommerce application development including Magento, Zen Cart, Virtuemart, OS Commerce, Prestashop and Volusion. InteractiveWest also offers solutions to increase traffic, leads and sales to your new or existing website with Search Engine Optimization services, Local Search, Pay Per Click campaigns, web-based email campaigns and automated marketing campaigns.
Gene Fourney has a degree in Radio and Television Broadcasting from the Institute of Broadcast Arts and attended Alderson-Broaddus College. He also holds technical certifications with Mimecast, GoToConnect (LogMeIn/Jive), JumpCloud, Google and a variety of other IT vendors.
* Acronis Sales Fundamentals Certification
* Acronis Tech Fundamentals Certification
* Cato Networks SASE Expert Level 1 Certification
* Crowdstrike Sales & Product Training Certification
* Crowdstrike Sales Engineering Training Certification
* Eaton Alliance Partners Training Certification
* HPE Intelligent Data Platform Training Certification
* HPE Partner Readiness Series Certification
* GoToConnect Partner Sales Training Certification
* GoTo Connect Onboarding Assistance Certification
* GoTo Connect Customer Engagement for Partners
* GoTo IT Management & Remote Support Tools 101
* JumpCloud Build Your Client’s Directory Certification
* JumpCloud Sales Professional Certification
* KnowBe4 Certified Sales Evangelist
* KnowBe4 Certified Sales Specialist
* Mimecast Gateway Technical Professional Certification
* Mimecast Gateway Technical Specialist Certification
* Mimecast Sales Specialist Certification
* Pipedrive Sales Certification
* Pipedrive Implementation Certification
* RingCentral Sales Certified Sales Professional
* Solarwinds Sales Expert Accreditation
* VMware VSP Foundation Training
* Zoom ZSA Foundations Sales Certification
* Zoom ZTSA Technical Sales Certification
* Active Directory
* CISCO Routers/Switches
* Computer Networking
* CyberReef CIPA Filtering
* Dell EMC
* Dell Servers/Workstations
* Disaster Recovery
* Fortinet Firewall
* Google Workspace
* HPE Servers
* Information Security
* Microsoft Exchange
* Microsoft Licensing
* Microsoft Windows Server
* Mimecast Advanced Email Threat Protection
* Mimecast Awareness Training
* Network Security
* Operating Systems – Windows, MacOS, Linux
* Proofpoint Advanced Email Threat Protection
* Proofpoint Awareness Training
* SASE Architecture
* SASE Cloud
* SASE Platform
* SASE Security
* SentinelOne Endpoint Security
* Sophos Endpoint Security
* Sophos Firewall
* Technical Support
* Zero Trust Security
Gene Fourney is an avid cyclist, bluegrass fiddler, hiker, skier, and currently co-parents Wylie, a one-year old Havinese/Terrier mix puppy with Mally who lives in Palisade.